Become a volunteer
Volunteers are an important and valued part of the Society. Together, staff and volunteers help to meet the needs of people with Osteogenesis Imperfecta and their families; locally and nationally across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. This would not be possible without the contribution of our volunteers.
There are many different ways you can get involved with the charity and support our work, whether you have just a few hours a month or a day a week to spare there may be an opportunity just right for you.
Ways to volunteer
- Helping out at one of our events
- Volunteering in an admin capacity at our office in Dundee
- Help run a support group or assist with planning their meetings and events
- By approaching shops, pubs, and companies with our collecting tins
- Do some fundraising or nominate us as your workplace charity
- Get involved in consultations and help raise awareness
- Raise awareness by following us on Facebook or Twitter, and share your favourite posts and YouTube videos
- Sign up to Give as you Live and raise money while you shop online
The BBS is proud to have signed the Disability Action Alliance charter which calls for a society in which the contribution of disabled people as volunteers is valued and volunteering opportunities are widely available on an equal and accessible basis.