Treatment and care for adults

An important part of managing OI and staying healthy is having a good relationship with your GP and medical specialists.


The consultant who looks after OI in your area may be an Endocrinologist (hormone specialist) or a Rheumatologist (joint specialist).  Please see our Adult services page for a list of where your nearest Metabolic Bone Clinic is. Your GP or hospital consultant may recommend advice from other specialists such as orthopaedic surgeons, or neurologists if required. You may also need input from occupational therapists and physiotherapists.


This page lists some useful resources and talks in relation to general care in adult health.




Information on Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Adults With OI
Bisphosphonate Treatments

Ageing with OI

Mild OI in Children and Adults
Transition and Adults
Adults with OI

Subscribe to our mailing list

Sign up now to be the first to know about special events

Subscription Form